Please read the following information carefully.
The SCI Ontario Web Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Your use of the SCI Ontario Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices. Unless otherwise specified, the SCI Ontario Site is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works form, transfer, or sell any information, products or services obtained from the SCI Ontario Site.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the SCI Ontario Site, you will not use the SCI Ontario Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the SCI Ontario Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the SCI Ontario Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the SCI Ontario Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SCI Ontario’s computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the SCI Ontario Site.
USE OF SERVICES
The SCI Ontario Site may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Use the Communication Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the SCI Ontario site or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
SCI Ontario has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, SCI Ontario reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. SCI Ontario reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. SCI Ontario reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as SCI Ontario deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in SCI Ontario's sole discretion. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service.
SCI ONTARIO DOES NOT CONTROL OR ENDORSE THE CONTENT, MESSAGES OR INFORMATION FOUND IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE AND, THEREFORE, SCIA ONTARIO SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES AND ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE. SCI ONTARIO EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATING IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED SCI SPOKESPERSONS, AND THEIR VIEWS, OPINIONS AND ADVICE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF SCI ONTARIO.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SCI ONTARIO SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY MADE TO THE SCI ONTARIO SITE AND TO THE INFORMATION THEREIN. SCI ONTARIO AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SCI ONTARIO SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE SCI ONTARIO SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI ONTARIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI ONTARIO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI ONTARIO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED IN THE SCI ONTARIO SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCI ONTARIO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SCI ONTARIO SITES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Ontario and all users hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ontario. All contents of the SCI Ontario Site are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written permission. However, you may download and save individual pages for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- SCI Info
- Regional Offices
- Get Involved
- @ourstreetlondon Looking forward 2 it! Thx 4 the shout out! Our Street Downtown Block Party on Sat June 8 #Ldnont
- 5 ppl will hv the "scaffold", a new treatment for SCI,surgically put in their spinal cords. t.co/yfPpWA948O #research
- @Cmdr_Hadfield ppl w spinal cord injuries also lose bone density after injury. Any learning from your recovery that can b applied pls share!
In Ontario, 43.2% of spinal cord injuries are sustained by unintentional falls... the largest cause of traumatic spinal cord injury.
Enter your email address below to receive our free bi-monthly electronic newsletter.