Please read the following information carefully.
The SCI Ontario Web Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Your use of the SCI Ontario Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices. Unless otherwise specified, the SCI Ontario Site is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works form, transfer, or sell any information, products or services obtained from the SCI Ontario Site. The Terms and Conditions of Use listed in this document apply to all of SCI Ontario’s web sites and social media platforms, including sciontario.org, alliance.sciontario.org, spinalcordconnections.ca, our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, and our online forums. These sites will henceforth be referred to as “the website.”
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users.
- You may not use the website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the website.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the website or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with SCI Ontario.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any SCI Ontario members (“Spam”).
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of the website, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your SCI Ontario account. While SCI Ontario prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that SCI Ontario cannot be responsible for the content posted on its website and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the website at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the website for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- SCI Ontario makes it possible to post images and text hosted on the website to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on the website must provide a link back to the SCI Ontario website.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to the website upon any breach of these terms and conditions; and edit or delete any communications posted on the website, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the SCI Ontario Site, you will not use the SCI Ontario Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the SCI Ontario Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the SCI Ontario Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the SCI Ontario Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SCI Ontario’s computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the SCI Ontario Site.
USE OF SERVICES
The SCI Ontario Site may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Use the Communication Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the SCI Ontario site or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
SCI Ontario has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, SCI Ontario reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. SCI Ontario reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. SCI Ontario reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as SCI Ontario deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in SCI Ontario's sole discretion. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service.
SCI Ontario does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any communication service and, therefore, SCI Ontario specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the communication services and any actions resulting from your participation in any communications service. SCI Ontario employees participating in any communication service are not authorized SCI Ontario spokespersons and their views, opinions and advice do not necessarily reflect those of SCI Ontario.
The information, products and services included in, or available through, the SCI Ontario website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the SCI Ontario website (and social media entities) and to the information therein. SCI Ontario and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the SCI Ontario website at any time. Advice received via the SCI Ontario website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to you situation. You specifically agree that SCI Ontario shall not be reponsible for unauthorized access to, or alteration of, your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received. You specifically agree that SCI Ontario is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights, You specifically agree that SCI Ontario is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in the SCI Ontario website by any third party. In no event shall SCI Ontario and/or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the SCI Ontario website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liablilty or otherwise.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Ontario and all users hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ontario. All contents of the SCI Ontario Site are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written permission. However, you may download and save individual pages for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- SCI Info
- Regional Offices
- Get Involved
- Hoping @BlueJays will let someone w a spinal cord injury throw a pitch at a game. #SCIawareness RT if you think they should.
- RT @DisabilityToday: #FF @Travability @glucksteinlaw @play2podium @disabilityimage @WheelersFitness @WCBballCanada @Ability_Online @SCI_Ont…
- RT @DisabilityToday: New #vlog from @SCI_Ontario: "Ball Game Streaker Let us throw a pitch" for #SCI Awareness Month Watch it here: …
Problems related to pain, mobility and agility affected the largest number of adults. Nearly 3 million adults aged 15 and over, or 11% of this age group, reported one of these limitations. (PALS 2006)
Enter your email address below to receive our free bi-monthly electronic newsletter.